Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Is it necessary for women to radiate sex appeal?

So today I'm coming at you with a heartfelt, serious post.  Lately I've noticed that a lot of women my age (I'm 25) seem to consistently dress in a sexy way.

Now personally, when I pick items to buy and to wear, I'm looking for something pretty and chic.  I like things that are fitted rather than loose, but not skintight.  A big part of my choice involves the pattern as well - I love me a floral pattern as you may have noticed ;-)

It never enters into my mind how much sex appeal a certain item of clothing has.  Sure, I've joked that men will want to have sex with me when they see me wearing my skull scarf and that men are imagining my manicured hand around their cock (I actually don't even wear nail polish once a month but just do it for fun sometimes), but I'm sure you lovely readers know that it was in jest.

But looking around me, it seems that a lot of women pick clothes based only on its sex appeal.  And these same women are praised by society as being hot and fabulous, whereas women who dress modestly are called frumpy and plain.

Could it be that it's necessary in this society and in this generation to be very aware of sex appeal in the way that we dress?  Could it be that this is a societal cue that most women have picked up on and that I have been blissfully unaware of until now?  Please chime in with your thoughts, ladies (and men!)

M xx

No comments:

Post a Comment